Cherrie Middleditch: Owner and Class Teacher
Originally from Edinburgh Cherrie moved to London for university where she studied Drama, Theatre and Performance. As part of her studies she completed placements in several theatres and volunteered to run theatre groups for children in inner city schools.
After working several years in fashion head offices Cherrie moved with her Naval officer husband to Plymouth where she undertook a Postgraduate Certificate of Education in Primary Education. After she qualified she settled in Hampshire where she taught in 2 Junior schools.
When her son, Nathaniel, was born in January 2016 she began looking for classes to attend with him and, as an educator, was immediately drawn to Baby Sensory. She and Nathaniel have thoroughly enjoyed their Baby Sensory journey and she looks forward to bringing the experience to the families of Portsmouth.
BA Hons Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies
Post Graduate Certificate of Education: Primary Education
5 Years experience as a Primary School Teacher
The Summer term is 9 weeks long and the fees are £67.50.
Baby Sensory Terms and Conditions. Please read before booking a place.
· You can join a class at any time as long as a space is available.
· Payment is made at time of booking by debit or credit card
· Regretfully we are unable to carry missed sessions over to the next week or term.
· Regretfully Baby Sensory is unable to offer concessions for missed sessions. However you are welcome to give your place to a friend if you are unable to attend your class. Please let the office know in advance who will be attending in your place including their name, baby’s name, date of birth and a contact number.
· You can move to another class or venue at the end of your term. All parents are informed by email when the next term of classes is on the webpage and available to book. Please note that all bookings are on a first come, first served basis so please re-book your place in good time to avoid disappointment.
· Baby Sensory classes are designed for babies from birth – 13 months of age. Regretfully we are unable to accommodate older siblings in the classes.
· If your class leader is unable to run your class because of illness etc. Baby Sensory will try and substitute an alternative class leader. If this isn’t possible you will be notified by text or telephone call that the class has been cancelled. Baby Sensory will endeavour to run a ‘catch up’ class at the end of the term to replace your session. If this isn’t possible you will receive a refund.
· In certain exceptional circumstances Baby Sensory may be prevented from running classes due to situations beyond their control. These may include floods or treacherous driving conditions (for example snow or ice) which would pose a risk to our class leaders and parents/babies if they ventured onto the roads. In these circumstances Baby Sensory will post a warning on their Facebook page (Baby Sensory Portsmouth) and text or phone parents to inform them of cancellation. Baby Sensory will endeavour to run ‘catch up’ classes to replace cancelled sessions at the end of the term. However due to the exceptional nature of the circumstances Baby Sensory reserves the right not to refund cancelled classes if ‘catch up’ classes are unable to be run.
· When you reserve a place in the class you will receive a confirmation email detailing the term dates, holiday sessions when classes won’t be running and the address of your venue. Baby Sensory advise you to keep a copy of the email or make a note of the details as they are not responsible for missed sessions or the wrong venue.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable. Baby Sensory is under no obligation to refund a booking in the event that you are unable to attend or wish to cancel a single session or the entire term