Not yet available in Australia and New Zealand - coming soon!
Developed by Dr. Lin Day (Baby Sensory and Toddler Sense founder), Baby Sensory Foundations prepares you and your baby (birth to 3 months) for the challenges ahead.
So where do you start? Our 25 minute Hello Baby session shows you what your baby can do and what he or she finds stressful, and our 45 minute Baby Crying, Baby Colic and Baby Comfort workshops offer information, practical solutions and reassurance.
We conduct 3 different 45 minute (plus time for questions) workshops that cover some of the greatest challenges facing new parents in parenting their baby:
Crying Workshop (birth to 3 months)
- Interpret your baby's body language and facial expressions and what they mean.
- Recognise the different cries your baby uses to get his or her needs are met.
- Discover why carrying your baby in a wrap or carrier can reduce crying by as much as 45%
- Find out which wrap or baby carrier to buy and why.
Colic Workshop (birth to 3 months)
- Explore the causes of colic and what you can do to successfully manage the symptoms.
- Find out why your baby cries more in the evening and at night than during the day.
- Discover how to reduce uncontrollable high-pitched crying at the end of the day.
- Explore new techniques for the management of colic.
Comfort Workshop (birth to 3 months)
- Discover why repetitiveness, consistency and rhythm can reduce stress and help restore balance.
- Explore the benefits of close physical contact and skin-to-skin.
- Learn how to swaddle your baby safely.
- Find out how the five S's can provide comfort and promote restful sleep.